Storm Damage and Your Insurance Company
Located in Farmington, CT. We proudly serve central Connecticut, including: Avon, Burlington, Cheshire, Cromwell, East Granby, East Windsor, Glastonbury, Granby, Middletown, Newington, Plainville, Rocky Hill, Simsbury, Southington, South Windsor, Weathersfield, West Hartford, West Simsbury, Windsor, and Windsor Locks.
Why Should You Get Help with Your Insurance Claim?
We’re proud to say we’re the top rated roofer serving central Connecticut.
Get Help Filing Your Storm Damage Insurance Claim
Storms and severe weather can cause damage to both your property’s roof and the rest of the structure. The roofing system is made up of multiple layers, from the materials down, that can be compromised by storm damage. If materials are damaged or go missing, it can leave the underlayment and decking vulnerable to water damage and leaks.
If your property has been impacted by storm damage, it’s essential to file an insurance claim as fast as possible. Navigating the claim process can be more complicated than expected, and eventually, you will need to choose a contractor for roof repair. To make the process easier, consider contacting Silverline Restoration, Inc. Our team of experts will guide you through the claim process and deliver quality results for your storm damage repairs when you call today!
Proper Storm Damage Documentation
It’s important to know what steps to take when you suspect roofing issues following a storm. The initial step you should take is to document the damages to your property. While some storm damages may require a roof replacement, failure to provide proper documentation and photographs could result in the insurance company denying the claim.
Insurance carriers may even attempt to attribute the damages to cosmetic wear and tear rather than the storm, making it crucial to contact us immediately after the storm to maximize your claim. With our help, you’ll increase your chances of a successful claim for roof repair or replacement. Our experts can advise you on what to document and photograph.
Before the insurance company’s adjuster arrives to assess the damage, be sure to take multiple pictures of the storm damage. Whether it’s a minor roof repair or a complete replacement, documenting everything can help ensure you receive at least partial coverage. Keep all documentation easily accessible to provide a copy to the adjuster upon their arrival.
Contact Your Insurance
After thoroughly documenting the damage to your roof, contact your insurance provider without delay. Waiting too long after the storm can lead to your claim becoming invalid, and it could give the impression that the damages are not a priority. To guarantee that you maximize your chances of a successful claim, you need to report your storm damage as soon as possible.
Choose Silverline Restoration, Inc as Your Contractor
After filing your insurance claim, the next step is to begin researching roofing contractors. However, we can save you the hassle by recommending Silverline Restoration, Inc for the best roof repair and replacement services. With extensive experience in residential and commercial roofing, our trained experts are available to assist you.
We’ll perform a comprehensive inspection of your roof and the rest of your property to identify any signs of water damage. Storms can cause materials to become dislodged or cracked, exposing your underlayment and decking to potential damage. This can lead to leaks and water damage that may extend to your walls, ceilings, and foundation.
Storms can cause various damages to your home or business, including roof, wind, and water damage. Fortunately, restoration services for your roof aren’t under the parameters of your insurance company’s designated contractor. You’ll have the freedom to choose the contractor that performs your roof repair or replacement.
Some insurance policies may include clauses requiring you to use a “managed repair program” for any covered property damage. You should avoid those types of policies, because they’re limiting your options and you could end up without proper roof repair. For a contractor you can count on, call Silverline Restoration, Inc today!
What to Do After Your Return
It can take multiple months for your claim to go through, which means you should know what to do next. There are a lot of options for your roof repair, but we strongly advise against doing things on your own. You’d risk injury from falling, leaving materials uneven, or using the wrong color.
You could also damage your roof further with inexperience, which is why you should also rely on professionals for your roof repair or replacement. When you need experienced roofers, you can trust Silverline Restoration, Inc. Our team has extensive experience in storm damage repair and roof replacement.
We know precisely what to look for and how to address issues throughout your property. We’ll inspect your roof and property to identify any storm damage. Once we’re done with our inspection, we’ll recommend the best service and materials for your security. There are many reasons to work with Silverline Restoration, Inc.
We’ve got extensive knowledge of different roofing types and services. We’ll work fast to provide the best results for your roof and help with your insurance claim, so call us as soon as you’re ready!
Need a Claim Reversal?
Any storm damage to your roof or property can be expensive, which can be made worse by the fact that a successful claim might still not cover everything. If you get stuck with partial reimbursement, you can file for a claims reversal. Insurance companies try to reduce their liability by providing only partial reimbursement.
To maximize your chances of full coverage, it’s crucial to keep a record of any previous roof maintenance or repairs and document the storm damage thoroughly. At Silverline Restoration, Inc, our experts can provide you with the best advice to improve your chances of a successful claims reversal. To get started, give us a call now!
Tips for a Successful Insurance Claim
When you need to file an insurance claim for storm damage, look no further than Silverline Restoration, Inc. Our team has extensive experience with roofing services, including navigating the insurance claim process. We’ll deliver quality services, including roof repair and replacement. To give you the best chance of success, we offer these 6 pieces of advice:
- Document all damages and roofing services. Keep receipts for any repair or maintenance work done by a professional, and take pictures of storm damage to your property. It’s also important to keep receipts of roof work done over the years. If this is your first time dealing with storm damage, or it’s been a while, it can be a daunting task. Our experts can help you make the most of a bad situation and walk you through the process. We’ll identify any storm damage so that you can take the right pictures, which is another reason that you should call us as soon as possible. When the insurance company sends out an adjuster, they’ll examine your property for signs of damage, like auto or the roof. Make sure you have a copy of your documentation to hand over as evidence of the storm damage.
- Report damages to your insurance carrier as soon as possible. Provide your policy number and a point of contact for quicker processing. If your family has any special or unique circumstances and needs, you should let your insurance know that, too. It could all help your claim go through faster. All photographs should be dated and all damages should be approximated for value.
- Use text alerts to stay updated on your claim. By enabling text or SMS alerts, you can stay notified of your claim’s status, estimated reimbursement, and delivery date. That way, you can prepare and plan for Silverline Restoration, Inc to get started. The first text should go through after your claim is filed successfully.
- Save everything related to the claim until the insurance carrier is done with it. We know that some municipalities will require you to dispose of materials or property. In that case, take good pictures and record all necessary data first.
- Keep a claim diary with all details of your interactions. Use this to note any interaction with the insurance company, including the date, time, name, title, and contact information of each person you talk to. The latter advice is just in case your insurance adjuster gets lost or can’t get a signal to let you know they’re coming. A journal of your claim will also keep things organized down the road.
- Know your local emergency services. While we work quickly, emergency personnel can offer temporary solutions, like providing a temporary cover for your roof to prevent damages from getting worse. They’re also great if you’ve had flooding or extensive leaks, because they’re prepared to remove water from your home or business. If the storm damages to your home are too bad, your insurance provider might write a check to cover your living expenses.
When storm damage has wreaked havoc on your home or commercial property, you shouldn’t put off reporting to your insurance company. The longer you take, the worse things could get and the lower your chances become of a successful filing. At Silverline Restoration, Inc, we’re committed to providing you with high-quality roofing services and expert guidance.
Our trained roofers will be with you throughout the insurance claim process to make sure you have the best chance of reimbursement. If you notice any materials missing or damaged after a storm, or have reason to expect water damage, don’t wait to call us and get started on your professional roof repair!
Need a "roofing Contractor Near Me?"
We’ve proudly served central Connecticut since 2009, and while we won’t hesitate to tell you how good we are, we feel it’s best to let our customer reviews, awards, and partnerships speak for us.
- Avon, CT
- Burlington, CT
- Cheshire, CT
- Cromwell, CT
- East Granby, CT
- East Windsor, CT
- Farmington, CT
- Glastonbury, CT
- Granby, CT
- Middletown, CT
- Newington, CT
- Plainville, CT
- Rocky Hill, CT
- Simsbury, CT
- Southington, CT
- South Windsor, CT
- Weathersfield, CT
- West hartford, CT
- West Simsbury, CT
- Windsor, CT
- Windsor Locks, CT
- …and surrounding areas!
Say Goodbye to Clogged Gutters!
Right now, you can save big when you pair a gutter guard installation with any other service. Save 25% Click below to learn more!